Re: Issue 3718 in lilypond: Patch: Web: Reword contactUsAbout macro

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Issue 3718 in lilypond: Patch: Web: Reword contactUsAbout macro
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:45:03 -0000

Urs Liska wrote Friday, December 20, 2013 9:28 AM

> Am 19.12.2013 11:32, schrieb address@hidden:

>> Patch counted down - please push
>
> What should I do now?
> The CG says I should "send the patch to my mentor", but obviously this
> isn't applicable.

Create a git format patch, post it on -dev and ask if anyone can push it for
you.

> And I have a few more general questions that don't seem to be covered in
> the CG:
>
> 1)
> origin/master has moved in the meantime. I can rebase my patch without
> conflicts in this case, but what is the general task at this point?
>
> - rebase my branch on origin/master
> - if that works, create a patch with patch-format
> - send it - where?

See above

> 2)
> What to do if the rebase would require changes to resolve conflicts?
> Wouldn't the changed patch have to be reviewed first?
> (possibly causing a loop with the next rebase ...)

This occurs rarely.  Up to you to resolve the conflicts.  Make
a judgement if a further review is then justified.

> 3)
> What to do if my branch contains more than one commit?
> Should I squash them so the patch is one (big) commit? I wouldn't like
> that, for example because I would separate commits that move stuff (e.g.
> to other website nodes) from commits that change text (so translators
> have easier work)?

No, leave them as separate commits and merge them into staging.

> 3b)
> Commit messages haven't been part of the review process, right?
> So basically I'm responsible that commit messages of my (multi-commit)
> patch are accurate. Is that right?

Yes.

> If yes, I think that should be documented in the CG (I can do a few
> improvements in the CD, along getting acquainted with the process)

:)

Trevor