Re: Fwd: Issue 3714 in lilypond: website: use colors to distinguish each

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Fwd: Issue 3714 in lilypond: website: use colors to distinguish each manual and stable vs. development
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 09:58:44 -0500

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 5:51 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Pushed them to staging.  Can you try word wrapping the lines of the
>> commit messages next time?  I noticed this only after pushing.

> If
> you actually fix previous aspects of the _same_ patch series, you should
> likely reorganize the series with
>
> git rebase -i
>
> before pushing: there is nothing gained by leaving a history of mistakes
> and corrections in a patch series: try to organize it as though you got
> everything right in the first try.  Splitting a patch series into
> separate patches should not be based on history but rather on splitting
> the patch into logically distinct parts/steps.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Admittedly, I was using the lily-git.tcl
since I hadn't really worked with git repos before. Now that I have
done some experience (and am switching to git for some of my personal
files), I might have a better chance of getting it right going at it
from the command line.

Carl