Re: Announcing 2.18.0 widely?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Announcing 2.18.0 widely?
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:37:53 -0000

David Kastrup wrote Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:54 PM

> Apart from a note about the convert-ly accident, does anybody see a
> reason not to announce 2.18.0 presently to a wide audience?  Or should
> we wait until 2.19.0 is out?  I _think_ that the web site should be fine
> currently.

I think it's pretty solid.  In any case the expectation is that a .0
release will be quickly followed by a .1 release which fixes all the
oversights.  Go for it!

BTW, are the number of downloads recorded anywhere?  It would
be interesting to track this for stable releases.

Trevor