Re: contributing instructions are misleading!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: contributing instructions are misleading!
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 21:24:15 +0800

On Wed, Jan 01, 2014 at 07:45:15PM +0000, James wrote:
> If you are comfortable with making patches and compiling, LilyDev is
> probably not for you. If you are not or want a ready-to-go
> environment and don't care that it's on some 'old' Linux release
> (i.e. not new and shiny) then LilyDev is perfectly fine.

Agreed.  Urs: if you didn't get that impression from reading the
CG, then could you suggest somewhere to add something to that
effect (or maybe just copy James' comment literally) ?  We don't
actually want to discourage experienced linux users from using
their native environment; like you, I would find it a bit
insulting if a project really did claim that I wasn't able to set
up my own devel environment.  That said, we want to make it
absolutely clear that sorting out the potentially-complicated
build dependencies is not *required* from contributors.