Re: License of files in Documentation/pictures and ability to distribute

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: License of files in Documentation/pictures and ability to distribute them unclear
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 11:51:28 +0800

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 03:28:22PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> There are a lot of files in Documentation/pictures which have no clear
> license, and unfortunately, the git log for them isn't clear at all
> either.

Indeed; those should be clarified.

> Some of them cannot be distributed by lilypond either, for example,
> logo-debian.png is the Debian Restricted Use Logo.[1]

Oops.  Yes, we should replace it with the "open use logo".
http://www.debian.org/logos/index.en.html

> It's great that a lot of them have the source which they were built from
> present, but there are some which are still missing the source. [For
> example, logo-debian.png can (and probably should) be built directly
> from the SVG[2] at the appropriate size (or just the SVG used).]

Due to our website hosting situation, it would be awkward to build
it directly.  As for SVG, I'm not familiar with browser and
texinfo support.  We still have something like 50% users on
windows; can IE display SVGs yet?  Also, can texinfo 4.13a handle
SVGs?