Re: Web:Introduction: Rename "Our Goal" box (issue 48430043)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Web:Introduction: Rename "Our Goal" box (issue 48430043)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:16:57 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>

I believe I had suggested "purpose." I realize that's not much better
than goal/mission, but it's less corporate than "mission," and is more
focused on why we exist than what we think we've accomplished (as goal
and objective are), in my opinion.

Carl P.

Yes I recall that. For me this somehow sounds wrong - but again that may be due to my non-native "ear".
Phil, what do you think about "purpose"?

Urs

To me, it's a very uninspiring word. NASA had a goal of landing a man on the moon (http://history.nasa.gov/moondec.html). Its purpose was much more mundane.

--
Phil Holmes