Re: Fwd: Re: Images on "Introduction" and "Features"

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Images on "Introduction" and "Features"
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 13:42:23 +0100

Am 07.01.2014 10:31, schrieb Urs Liska:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Images on "Introduction" and "Features"
Datum: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:30:51 +0100
Von: Urs Liska <address@hidden>
An: Graham Percival <address@hidden>

Am 03.01.2014 15:37, schrieb Urs Liska:

Graham Percival <address@hidden> schrieb:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 02:49:35PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:

The images in the first text boxes on "Introduction" and "Features"
are the same. Is there any specific reason for this?

nah, I was just copying material from the old website to the new
website.  It makes sense to use different images.

IMHO the 'flat-design.png' is much more suitable for "Features". On
"Introduction" we're talking about "freeing from the details of
layout", and it's somewhat contradictory to display an image beside
that which *is* about tiny details.

I slightly disagree there; showing that we have a mathematical
representation of the tiny details *does* mean that humans are
freed from dealing with it (since computers can do it).  But I
agree that might not be an obvious conclusion for non-programmers,
so I have no objection to using a different image there.

Good point. Maybe that can easily be made clear through the text. I'll
consider this when I'm at that text anyway.
I'd be happy to keep that image on "introduction" - it's so beautyful.

I think my current patch (https://codereview.appspot.com/48430043/)
would allow to keep the flat-design.png on "Introduction".

Would you think one of the images on that page
http://www.musicprintinghistory.org/engraving/about-music-engraving.html
(I'd prefer fig. 3 or 4) would be suitable for "Features"?
And would the "Use of Information" make it suitable for inclusion in our
website?

Any opinions?

However, independently from this concrete image: What is the way to add new images to the website/docs? I suppose they somehow have to get into the lilypond-extra repo?

Urs