Re: python/convertrules.ly: Use bare rhythms after ties for simple cases

From: dak
Subject: Re: python/convertrules.ly: Use bare rhythms after ties for simple cases (issue 49470049)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 21:19:40 +0000

On 2014/01/10 20:56:26, t.daniels_treda.co.uk wrote:

Actually this seems to be a consequence of not bumping _all_
version numbers to the current release.

No, it is a consequence of not bumping the version number to the syntax
used for adding material.

A \version header of xx.yy.zz means "this will do the right thing when
compiled with version xx.yy.zz".

Always.

If that is not the case, either the file contents or the version header
or both have to be adjusted.

Before, when editing
doc files, we always assumed Lily code being added should
use the syntax of the current release in master.

Sure.  Nothing else makes sense.  But that means that if you want to add
stuff _not_ consistent with the version header, you should
a) run convert-ly on the file (which should, if everybody did proper
maintenance, not change anything apart from bumping the version header)
b) add the new code
c) make the version number match the new code if it does not already do
so.

But now this
assumption may trigger inappropriate conversions, as here.

This needs to be thought through again.

The above is crystal clear to me.  If it isn't obvious to others and not
spelled out clearly in CG, it should be put there.

https://codereview.appspot.com/49470049/