Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: how close are we to having an "addAt" or "insertAt" feature?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 16:13:19 +0100

> Hi all,
>
>> So "a half-day's work" is more like the estimate for
>> every single further fix making the timing simulation work closer to
>> what iteration would do anyway.
>
> Well, then… tell me the real cost, and I’ll see what I can do to
> [help] sponsor it.

Well, somebody else has to answer that...  I'm already working all the
time on LilyPond or related tasks, so I can't put a price tag on doing a
particular task.  I do them when I manage to get to them.

> There is *NOTHING* I can think of which would be more helpful to me
> than a real, native “edition engraver”.

Noted.  Not more than that, not less than that.

For better or worse, I am currently focusing on speeding up "git blame"
which is braking down lots of people.  Including LilyPond developers.
It'll probably take another week to get that under wraps.  Then I need
to get backporting fixes on 2.18.1, then I need to prepare two
papers/talk proposals about LilyPond till the end of this week.  The
last five days I also had to tend to the horses while Conny took her
yearly "vacation", and I'll probably have to pitch in this weekend as
well.

Yes, I _am_ already sneaking off and working at night.

So there is ample opportunity for beating me at working on an
iterator-based approach, and my personal opinion is that nothing else
makes a lot of sense.