Re: Parser: harmonize \lyricsto and \addlyrics arguments (issue 53120044

From: dak
Subject: Re: Parser: harmonize \lyricsto and \addlyrics arguments (issue 53120044)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 20:01:55 +0000

On 2014/01/16 19:58:32, janek wrote:
On 2014/01/16 19:57:11, janek wrote:
> On 2014/01/16 19:55:40, dak wrote:
> > On 2014/01/16 19:49:16, janek wrote:
> > > So, does it mean that i'll be able to write
> > >
> > > \mus = { c'2 d'8 e' f' g' }
> > >
> > > <<
> > >   \new Staff \mus
> > >   \new Lyrics \lyricsto \mus
> > > >>

> > > ?
> >
> > What would make you even think that?
>
> "music identifiers like \mus are permitted as the
> argument to \lyricsto and \addlyrics"

Uh, sorry, my example was incomplete (and had a syntax error).  I
meant it to be

mus = { c'2 d'8 e' f' g' }
text = \lyricmode { tro -- lo -- lo bing bong }

<<
   \new Staff \mus
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto \mus \text

Still meaningless as \lyricsto would have no way to guess the associated
context.

https://codereview.appspot.com/53120044/