Re: How to remove a changed clef glyph from the end of staff line

From: James
Subject: Re: How to remove a changed clef glyph from the end of staff line
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:44:44 +0000

On 05/02/14 08:08, Marc Hohl wrote:
Am 04.02.2014 21:43, schrieb James:
Hello,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the break-visibility option but how do I
stop the bass clef glyph (in my example below) from printing at the end
of the line and only print on the next line?

\version "2.19.2"

{
   c'1
   \break
   \override Staff.Clef #'break-visibility = ##(#f #f #f)
   \clef bass c
}

How do I do this?

\set Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible

should work.

Marc

Thanks, I'll give that a shot (I was hoping for an override simply because putting \sets in @lilypond examples is tedious as you have to keep setting it or you have to introduce \score constructs in the @lilypond which is OK but noisy.

Does that mean that the break-visibility function is broken for clefs or doesn't work now (as opposed to way-back-when) or that the documentation here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#index-break_002dvisibility

we say:

Clef Staff begin-of-line-visible

And the internals seems to confirm that, or have I just completely misunderstood what break-visibility does in the Clef 'context'?

James