Re: Patchy merge fails - I know why but not sure if I can fix it

From: James
Subject: Re: Patchy merge fails - I know why but not sure if I can fix it
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:29:23 +0000

On 17/02/14 10:56, Francisco Vila wrote:

El 17/02/2014 10:45, "James" <address@hidden> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> This last round of patches I removed the deprecated snippet
>
> printing-a-repeat-sign-at-the-beginning-of-a-piece.ly
>
> and any reference to it in the NR (english).
>
> I ran Makelsr.py (you can see this in staging) but merge fails because of a reference to this snippet in the German docs. I am not sure if i can just go into the itely file in the 'de' section and remove the reference of if it needs to be done via the translation branches - hence this email - as I don't know what to do in this case without reading the CG and trying to learn  the process.

You can edit the file in staging. That change will reach the translation branch when master is merged onto it.

Hmm... Actually it wasn't the German translations at all - it was that the snippet occurred in more than one place and it needed removing there too.

Curiouser and curiouser.

So I really don't know how it passed a full make doc at all.

Anyway, I am on it now and will have to push a new patch to remove this second instance (I'll make sure I do a full test run so I don't break anything else!).

My apologies.

James