Re: Inconsistent tuplet-number-kneed-beam-horizontal-fit.ly results?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Inconsistent tuplet-number-kneed-beam-horizontal-fit.ly results?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 09:32:25 -0500

Hi Devon,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Devon Schudy <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm getting unpredictable output from
input/regression/tuplet-number-kneed-beam-horizontal-fit.ly.

Sometimes the second tuplet number is in bracket position below the
staff, and sometimes it overlaps the beam. When I run this test via
make check, it may be in either position, but when I run it
individually (even via lilypond-book with the same options), it always
overlaps the beam.

In both cases the expected "not enough space for tuplet number against
beam" programming_error happens, so it's trying to follow the bracket
instead of the beam.

Hmm.  I'm not getting this inconsistent placement, but I wonder if what you're seeing related to an issue with
the tuplet number code for which I just submitted a patch.  (It fixes a problem with faulty recognition of kneed beams in connection with overrides of Beam.positions.)

Would you be willing to try it out to see if you still get the regtest inconsistencies?

(By the way, shouldn't this be a warning instead
of a programming_error?)

Probably.  I will propose a patch for this.  (Don't want to mix too much into the current patch.)

--David