Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Serious feedback and improvement headroom
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:47:05 +0200

My hopes for Schikkers List (if any) are that it would aid in a guile
scheme to sneak the LilyPond dinosaur into the GUI age and thus help
keeping it's relevancy up.

If something like Schikkers List would take-off that could trigger
a real need for partial compilation supported by LilyPond itself.
This is an enormous effort and is not likely to happen any
time soon, giving the overwhelming interest there has been in the
LilyPond community for anything GUI-related.

Greetings, Jan

> [1] http://lilypond.org/schikkers-list/

and giving also that  it's not mentioned at all on the lilypond website... (I thought I saw it on Easier editing some weeks ago, but probably I was dreaming because I can't find it).
It's a project that only developers within the lilypond community can find. Apparently, current lilypond developers have other priorities. A project like schikkers-list, even if in early stages, might attract new developers. At least, there's nothing to lose if we promote it a bit on the website.

Jan, do you want me to open an issue on the tracker about this?