Re: guile-1.8 to be removed from debian unstable before the freeze (5th

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: guile-1.8 to be removed from debian unstable before the freeze (5th of November)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 18:29:37 -0700

On Fri, 23 May 2014, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Have you seen this email from guile maintainer?
>
> "I'm planning to have guile-1.8 removed from unstable before the
> freeze; please migrate to guile-2.0 as soon as possible."
>
> Does it mean that lilypond can be removed from debian repository if it's
> not upgraded to guile-2?

Either 1) lilypond will be updated to work with guile 2, 2) the
maintainer can be convinced to keep maintaining guile 1.8, or 3)
lilypond will have to be removed.

I'd prefer that #1 happened, of course.

> This is the open issue, right?
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1055

I believe so, yes.

There's also an additional problem that texi2html is no longer being
maintained, and everything should switch to makeinfo --html.
This (I believe) is
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1000. I've requested
that texi2html stay around for the time being, but it's likely that this
will only be a viable short-term solution.

Q: What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the
Experience of the Past Million Years?
A: Nothing.
 -- Bokonon _The Fourteenth Book of Bokonon_ (Vonnegut _Cats Cradle_)