Re: Reposition voiced rests (Issue 3902) (issue 101720045)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Reposition voiced rests (Issue 3902) (issue 101720045)
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 19:42:19 +0000

Looks like a new property is the only way to get an overall improvement.
 LilyPond has good infrastructure for using properties, so there is not
much code to add.

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/diff/2/lily/rest.cc
File lily/rest.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/diff/2/lily/rest.cc#newcode75
lily/rest.cc:75: pos = 2 * dir;
pos = dir * robust_scm2int(me->get_property("voiced-rest-position"), 2);

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/diff/2/lily/rest.cc#newcode139
lily/rest.cc:139: return neutral + 2 * dir;
This one should remain 2, because the voiced rest position has already
been applied.
/* one staff-space, 2 staff positions, from the neutral position */

The logic above seems that it would prevent half- and longer rests from
crossing the centerline, even if voiced-rest-position is 0, which I
think you want.

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/diff/2/lily/rest.cc#newcode319
lily/rest.cc:319: "minimum-distance "
As you say, Rest.minimum-distance is ignored, so we can remove it here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/diff/2/lily/rest.cc#newcode320
lily/rest.cc:320: "style "
"voiced-rest-position "
would go here, along with an entry in scm/define-grob-properties.scm

https://codereview.appspot.com/101720045/