Re: Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead

From: markpolesky
Subject: Re: Re: Issue 2245: always align dynamics and lyrics on "main" notehead (issue 108270044 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 19:35:38 +0000

This patch is problematic for me.

Firstly, when a lyric syllable extends to the next note (as with a slur
or tie), it is my understanding that the lyric text should be
left-aligned with the left-most note of the chord.  See Issue 3521:

This patch prevents the 3521 workaround from working, which is bad IMO.

Secondly, to my eye, I think the ideal alignment for a center-aligned
syllable on a harmonic second ("suspended") dyad would be center-aligned
with the stem, and not with the NoteColumn.  No idea how easy or hard
that would be to code, but that's what I would vote for.  The
"corrected" example given in comment #1 here looks too far to the right
to me, and so do the dynamics in the following comment:

- Mark

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270044/diff/40001/input/regression/text-spanner-attachment-alignment.ly
File input/regression/text-spanner-attachment-alignment.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270044/diff/40001/input/regression/text-spanner-attachment-alignment.ly#newcode21
input/regression/text-spanner-attachment-alignment.ly:21: \repeat unfold
2 {c'4 _ \markup { "LONG" } }
git complains about trailing whitespace here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270044/