Re: Remove thin-kern property. (issue 105560044 by address@hidden)

From: marc
Subject: Re: Remove thin-kern property. (issue 105560044 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 07:25:15 +0000

On 2014/07/07 01:31:01, Mark Polesky wrote:
On 2014/07/06 11:52:56, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> I disagree!
> 'kern and 'thin-kern _are_ used differently.

But *do* we need two different variables which then are used with
exactly the same value?
Do we need the option to change the distance of the segno double bar
line?

IIRC, this is a leftover from the bar line reorganisation work, the
double
bar line "||" was formerly spaced with 'thin-kern as well, but as we
implemented the stacking algorithm for bar lines, all constituents are
now
spaced with 'kern.

I'd remove 'thin-kern entirely. In case someone wants to modify the
appearance
of the segno symbol, he can use a multiplier and create his own stencil
easily.

Okay, so then it's just a question of clarifying the misleading
docstrings.  How
about this?

kern
   The space between individual elements in any compound bar line.

thin-kern
   The space between the two thin lines of the segno bar line symbol.

I've updated the patch accordingly.

https://codereview.appspot.com/105560044/