Re: GUB build

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GUB build
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:20:27 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

>> Folks,
>>
>> Most people realise that me general schedule is to make and upload a GUB
>> build every two weeks - normally on a Sunday afternoon.  I'm postponing
>> this week's until next Sunday - I'm away all afternoon and evening so
>> starting them is a problem, and I'm nearly up to my broadband limit for
>> the month, and an upload will likely take me over.

> ok.  Anyway, thanks a lot for your continuous work!  It's good to have
> you care about releases :)

Well, most developers probably don't notice or bother much about regular
developer releases.

However, it is quite noticeable how often bug reports or questions on
the user list are made in reference to the latest developer release.
Particularly for Windows users, compiling LilyPond themselves is not a
realistic option.

So the regular releases are important to keep our ongoing work
well-tested and maintaining a community of users willing to work with
the newest developments, partly because of independent improvements,
partly because of providing fixes for problems they reported themselves.