Re: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn (iss

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Set X-parent of TextScript to NoteColumn instead of PaperColumn (issue 106640043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:44:22 +0000

On 2014/07/26 21:36:12, Keith wrote:
On 2014/07/26 06:49:41, janek wrote:

>     Setting TextScript.cross-staff property to #f is required to
ensure
>     that there are no collisions between TextScripts and cross-staff
notes:

>     (see also beam-cross-staff-auto-knee.ly)
>
>     As far as I can see, we don't want TextScript.cross-staff to be
true
>     in any situation, because it would result in unwanted
collisions.

The old setting for TextScript.cross-staff was put there to solve
issue 1300.
Almost everything has changed since then in the code that spaces
things around
staves, but with TextScript.cross-staff = #f the text collides with
the accent
in that example.

Oops, i should have checked that myself!  I apologize.

The concept of a "cross-staff note" seems strange.  It appeared with
the change
for issue 2527 https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072#msg13

That patch made Scripts reference NoteColumns, rather than
PaperColumns for
their placement -- very similar to the change here -- but Scripts can
be
cross-staff without hitting note-heads.   Can you reconcile this patch
and
https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072 ?

Hmm.  Do i see correctly that the patch in
https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072 was then partially reverted with
commit 7891600a5dd421c1f25776ea3b405c64f4f14752 ?

I'll investigate this, but since the weekend is about to end (and the
next one will already be busy for me), it will take me an unpredictable
amount of time to get this done.  Shall i revert commit
2371d6ba3b62d4d6dc349ab50fa0d76eadfba044 for now?

Thanks for spotting this.
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/106640043/