Re: Rename calc-property-by-copy to copy-property-from-event (issue 1227

From: dak
Subject: Re: Rename calc-property-by-copy to copy-property-from-event (issue 122750044 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:13:57 +0000

On 2014/08/08 14:10:18, dak wrote:
On 2014/08/07 19:40:37, janek wrote:
> > Looks good.  Looking at the name grob::copy-property-from-event, I
think
> > that grob::property-from-event is shorter but probably equally
> > descriptive.  Though perhaps we have a number of others starting
with
> > copy- already.
> >
> > Your call.
>
> Ok.  I'll change it to grob::property-from-event when pushing, if
you
> don't mind.
>
> thanks!
> Janek

Oh phooey.  Rethinking this, what about just grob::event-property and
(eventually)
grob::parent-property ?  The grob:: makes clear that we are starting
from a
grob,
and the xxx-property makes clear where we are ultimately looking.

We don't really need more than that in the name, do we?

Sorry for being late again with this proposal...

Uh, strike that.  grob::event-property would be fine for directly
reading from the corresponding
event property, but that's not what grob::event-property does.  Instead
it returns a callback
that, when called, reads directly from the event property.  So it does
make sense to put the
"from" in there, or some other phrase we pick for indicating a callback
generator.

https://codereview.appspot.com/122750044/