Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:11:41 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/diff/40001/ly/property-init.ly
File ly/property-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/diff/40001/ly/property-init.ly#newcode293
ly/property-init.ly:293: \once \override
Staff.InstrumentName.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
I don't think we should prescribe Staff.InstrumentName.self-alignment-X
here.  That is a user preference.  While it would be nice to glean that
information from the outer Staff.InstrumentName.self-alignment-X, that's
likely tricky to do while at the same time overriding the
Staff.InstrumentName settings.

So I'd rather suggest the syntax
\incipit \with { \override InstrumentName.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT }
{...}
if you want such an override.  That could be achieved by putting an
optional incipit-mods argument of type (ly:context-mod?
(ly:make-context-mod)) before the incipit-music argument and then using
\new MensuralStaff \with { instrumentName = #instrument-name \with
#incipit-mods }
(not sure about the last \with) instead of just \new MensuralStaff.

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/diff/40001/ly/property-init.ly#newcode303
ly/property-init.ly:303: ragged-last = ##f
wouldn't we also want system-count = 1 here?

https://codereview.appspot.com/108270043/