Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Adds incipit section to NR (issue 108270043 address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:03:15 +0100

Phil, you wrote Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:18 PM

> And this is the nub of the discussion.  There's nothing actually _wrong_
> with my patch: it's just you don't like how it looks.  I very much do.  This
> time I've attached a centre-aligned and a right-aligned example, and much
> prefer the latter.  And if you say right-aligned is wrong, you should also
> write to Elaine Gould to correct her.

The only mention of incipits that I can find in Elaine Gould's book is on
page  433.  She says nothing there about alignment of instrument names, but
the image of the incipit has them left-aligned, above the staff showing the
ancient
music.  On page 509 she shows two alternatives for instrument labels in
general: traditional-style in which the labels are centered and
alternative-style
in which the labels are right-aligned.  The accompanying text says, "Instrument
labels may be centered in the margin space - this is the most traditional
layout.  Alternatively they may be justified right or even justified left."

Have I missed something?

Trevor