Re: Use aligned-on-x-parent instead of other callbacks for some grobs (i

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Use aligned-on-x-parent instead of other callbacks for some grobs (issue 127860043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:31:37 +0000

Hi David,

i apologize for the delay - i'm loosing grip on my lilypond stuff :(

On 2014/08/30 09:45:02, dak wrote:
On 2014/08/30 09:35:26, J_lowe wrote:
> Oh sorry. I would have thought perhaps Patchy would have 'borked' at
some
point?

Warnings don't stop the compilation and it would be a bit much to ask
for
testers to carefully read through all the log diffs.  It would
probably make
sense if warnings stopped the compilation (GCC has an option for
that), but
there is one warning from the Bison-generated parser.cc that would be
very hard
to get rid of (sort of a Bison bug or at least annoyance).  Maybe we
should just
add an exception for compiling that file and let g++ bomb out on all
other
warnings.  People keep writing code triggering warnings without
noticing, and I
estimate that probably half of them are not harmless and the others
are usually
easy to get rid of, more often than not improving readability.

I think this makes sense.

best,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/127860043/