Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 15086004

From: fgohier49
Subject: Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 150860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:18:52 +0000

On 2014/09/24 18:19:43, dak wrote:
On 2014/09/24 17:53:33, fgohier49 wrote:
> On 2014/09/24 14:08:39, dak wrote:

author,
or
> > does
> > >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am not aware about the life of Dante Agostini, I was thinking
with this
> > > comment your were more than me.
> > > Can we extract some informations from any website to use here ?
I am not
> > > confident with this.
> >
> > The life of Agostini is not really important.  What would be
important would
> be
> > for LilyPond users to know when and why to use this notation.
There has to
be
> > some reason you want to see it added to LilyPond: this notation
has to be
used
> > _somewhere_.  So the question is _where_ this notation is being
used.

> Hello,
>
> this notation is used by almost all french drummers. His school is
know
> developped in all french big towns, in more, Dusseldorf (Germany),
Bâle
> (Schweiz), Athens (Greece), Pordenonde & Udine (Italy), Rabat
(Maroc), without
> take in count all other teachers which are not linked directly to
the school.
> His method is written in french, english, spanish & german.
> It seems the most used notation in europe

Well, that sounds slightly relevant indeed.  How about:

Invented by the French percussionist Dante Agostini in 1965, this
notation is
commonly employed in France but also elsewhere.

I think that's enough history and gives a sketch about where it can be
expected
to be used.

OK, I will update it next monday

https://codereview.appspot.com/150860044/