Re: Where to put new Scheme engravers?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Where to put new Scheme engravers?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 11:38:44 +0200

Am 28.09.2014 11:36, schrieb Trevor Daniels:

Urs, you wrote Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:07 AM

sorry for the uninformed question, but I don't seem to be able to find
an answer in the CG or in the source directory.

If I have a new Scheme engraver that I'd like to suggest to be added,
where would I look for a place to add it to?
Is there a file (or a set of files grouped by topic) where I should
insert it or can I add a dedicated file (in which folder)?

Most of the engravers are written in C++ and each is a separate
file in the lily/ directory.  There's a little above engravers here:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/engraver-tutorial

Yes, I've seen that, and as you say this only gives information about C++ engravers.

But I do have an engraver written in Scheme (not by me) that I find very useful. I could make it available in openlilylib, but I think it's a very common notation that should be available in LilyPond itself (printing double barlines before time signature changes).

Do you want to say that it's inappropriate to add Scheme engravers to LilyPond and that it should be rewritten in C++ for that (which I couldn't?

Best
Urs

Trevor

--