Re: Doc: NR section 3.5.x MIDI file creation tidy up (issue 120480043 by

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: NR section 3.5.x MIDI file creation tidy up (issue 120480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 06:59:01 +0000

Thanks Marc.

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/100001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/diff/100001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2747
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2747: @emph{two} @code{\score}
blocks; one for MIDI (with unfolded repeats)
On 2014/09/28 12:40:00, marc wrote:
On 2014/09/27 21:48:15, J_lowe wrote:
> On 2014/09/27 16:53:21, marc wrote:
> > this is a bit misleading IMHO:
> >
> > You don't need two \score blocks when using \unfoldRepeats
> > but you rather need \unfoldRepeats when dealing with both
printable output
and
> > MIDI
>
> OK just to confirm the example given (and so hence my misleading
wording) is

> %%
> \score {
>   ... music ...
>   \layout { }
> }
> \score {
>   \unfoldRepeats {
>    ... music ...
>   }
>   \midi { }
> }
> %%
>
> But simply writing
>
> %%
> \score {
>   \unfoldRepeats {
>    ... music ...
>   }
>   \layout { }
>   \midi { }
> }
> %%
>
> is OK? And the 'convention' (of some I suppose) to have two score
blocks is to
> simply make it easier to separate the notation part of the LilyPond
input file
> from the MIDI part of the LilyPond input file?

I think so. Probably my remarks were misleading, too.

I'd rather rewrite the paragraph to something like:

In order to restrict the effect of @code{\unfoldRepeats} to the MIDI
output only
while generating printable scores as well, it is necessary to make
@emph{...

I'd read your original text as: "if I want to use \unfoldRepeats, I'll
have to
include two \score blocks",
but this is not true - in cases where you need MIDI output only, there
is no
need for a second \score.

Sorry for my rather clumsy explanations ...

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/120480043/