Re: es means ees???

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: es means ees???
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 10:20:46 +0100

>   If that was the focus of LilyPond, we
> would talk to it in MusicXML.
Hmm, I think there is a serious need to puncture the MusicXML bubble -
it is an appalling hotchpotch quite unsuited to representing typeset
music. From a casual look it seems to have been designed, but in fact
the real definition is the output of a proprietary program.
But, I do take your point, that LilyPond is intended to be written and
read by humans. It is designing for both the write and the read to be
easy that is tricky.

Richard