Re: Add original-breaks.ly commands (issue 150670043 by address@hidden)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Add original-breaks.ly commands (issue 150670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 10:51:14 +0200

Am 09.10.2014 10:44, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

And I would really love to see that being part of LilyPond itself and
not only possible to implement in a library.
Firstly because I would like *all* LilyPond users to have that
available and secondly because I would like to add this as a Layout
Control Option to Frescobaldi.
When those goals conflict with placing specific functionality in a
library, we have an infrastructure problem.  We won't solve that problem
by cramming everything into the core, not least of all because such
specific solutions cannot really reliably be turned into a
one-size-fits-all approach.

So it is important _not_ to have shrinkwrapped functionality for a
particular purpose _forced_ onto users but have it loadable on demand.
And be able to offer choice between one or several different solutions
as well as rolling your own.

My approach *is* loadable on demand (just as the guitar fretboards).
What *could* make sense in my opinion is instead of adding "secondary" files to the /ly directory adding them to a separate directory which could contain such add-ons. Is there anything that makes my suggestion less general than, say, the mentioned guitar fretboards?