Re: Add original-breaks.ly commands (issue 150670043 by address@hidden)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Add original-breaks.ly commands (issue 150670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 23:51:47 +0200

> Because one wouldn't want to *finally* produce a version of the score with
> the breaks of the original score. If that's my interest (which then would
> actually be a "rather specific situation") I can simply use hardcoded
> \break commands.
>
> The whole point of these conditional commands is to have a tool (maybe you
> can call it an editing mode) to match LilyPond's output with the *one*
> version of the score I'm copying from, that is the one I have on my desktop
> in front of me.

Urs, I like a lot the idea but a simple example would help to understand
the benefits of this patch. I'm currently using \mbreak and two overrides
in a \layout that I can easily comment.

I'm having problems with commenting on Rietveld through browser atm.. I
think that this part is not clear:

 1800 While copying or proof-reading music from existing manuscripts
 1801 it is useful to have the compiled scores respect the line
 1802 and page breaking of the manuscript source.  LilyPond provides
 1803 the commands @code{\origBreak} and @code{\origLineBreak} that
 1804 conditionally create line and page breaks.  They are enabled with

\origBreak refers to page break? Then call it \origPageBreak.. or at least
keep "the symmetry" in your sentence, i.e. "create page and line breaks".