Re: GUB and mpfr/mpc

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GUB and mpfr/mpc
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:17:18 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Masamichi HOSODA" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:07 PM

I'm trying to update GCC on GUB and have a new virtual machine with
updated versions.  I was having problems getting MPFR to build, but it
looks like I'ev fixed that with the new VM.  However, it looks to me like
GCC 4.8.2 has a new dependency on MPC that older versions did not: there
appears no mention of MPC as a package in the current version of GUB.  My
most recent failure says this:

checking for the correct version of gmp.h... buggy but acceptable
checking for the correct version of mpfr.h... yes
checking for the correct version of mpc.h... no
configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC
0.8.0+.

So it looks like we need to add a dependency on MPC.  Problem is, I don't
have a clue how to do this.  I could try some stuff, but can anyone here
help with how this dependency should be added to GUB?

TIA.

Did the error occur, while building cross/gcc?
If that is right, GMP/MPFR/MPC may be required for not GUB but host OS.

The error is in the linux-86/log/cross/gcc-core.log file, so I assume the answer is yes. However, my understanding is that the only package that should need separately installing on plain Ubuntu/linux is git: the rest should be downloaded and built by make bootstrap.

--
Phil Holmes