Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Possible tweaks to the appearance of the website
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 11:41:58 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the feedback Abraham, Joram, and Urs.

I've changed the search box color to make it lighter and less yellow-ish.
Basically I realized that it just needs to be close to white without being
exactly white (to avoid looking like it has been "cut out" and you're
looking through a hole in the nav bar).  So it's now a light grey-green.

I also went back to the light green for the sub-menu bar.  Colors are always
tricky because the same color can look quite different on different
monitors.  What looked like a tan, almost wood-like color (in the sub-menu)
on one screen looked light yellow on another.  Such are the joys of working
in this medium!

On the question of boxes around images, I tend to agree with Joram that
they're not needed, but I'm just focusing on the navigation elements at this
point.

http://clairnote.org / lilypond-web-demo2/

Cheers,
-Paul