Re: Issue 4274: Fix a cyclic dependency in Rest_collision (issue 1935900

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Issue 4274: Fix a cyclic dependency in Rest_collision (issue 193590043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:07:47 -0800

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 17:40:33 -0800, <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, the ledgered rest stuff is a big tangle.
See https://codereview.appspot.com/200860043/ for the best I've been
able to do without changing Rest_collision.

Shucks.
The similar issue with Accidentals (issue 3646) was not so bad.
There we could look up the stencil one, put it in the 'stencil property like
usual for purposes of line spacing, and then just after line-breaking remove
the accidentals on notes tied to a previous note on the same line.

I had hoped that for Rests we could look up a tentative glyph and put it in the
'stencil for use in spacing, then after the last step of vertical position is
done, substitute the ledgered glyph when appropriate.

I'll try to look at the new patch over the weekend, but if you didn't see a way
to untangle the tangle I'm not likely to either.