Re: Rewrite chordnames - disentangle data from formatting (issue 2234200

From: marc
Subject: Re: Rewrite chordnames - disentangle data from formatting (issue 223420043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 06:43:43 +0000

Hi Harm,

I cannot comment much on the code, but I like the general approach of
separating chord information and chord markup very much!

Two tiny remarks below.

https://codereview.appspot.com/223420043/diff/20001/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm
File scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/223420043/diff/20001/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm#newcode167
scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm:167: (glue-word-to-step "huh" mod))) ;;
What does "huh" mean??
'huh' is meant to appear in cases where (pitch-step mod) returns strange
values
and has no musical meaning ;-)
I don't know if/when this is triggered, but an error message would be
more appropriate IMHO.

https://codereview.appspot.com/223420043/diff/20001/scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm#newcode288
scm/chord-ignatzek-names.scm:288: ;; Build the list for the chord-data
from 'root-info, 'slash-chord-separato,
s/separato/separator/

https://codereview.appspot.com/223420043/