Re: Improving the Contributors Guide and LilyDev

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Improving the Contributors Guide and LilyDev
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 22:35:38 +0000

On 5/4/15 4:25 PM, "Dan Eble" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> But anyways, the main point of this email is to point out that pushing
>> debian could cost you developers - I don't know how many people like me
>> there are out there, but if I have to use a debian-based system my
>> reaction is likely to be "thanks but no thanks". (That said, I think a
>
>The data point I can contribute is that anything beats three days of
>installing Lilypond dependencies on OS X by trial and error with
>fink/homebrew/whatever.  VM FTW!

I used to have an OS/X setup for development, but I couldn't maintain it.
So now I use Frescobaldi on OS/X for production work, and do my
development in a LilyDev VM.

We're not forcing Debian/Ubuntu (as far as I can see, LilyDev3 is just
Debian, no Ubuntu involved).  We're just providing something that works
out of the box.

Thanks,

Carl