Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 12:18:30 +0100

Carl Sorensen wrote Monday, May 04, 2015 11:44 PM

> On 5/4/15 3:44 PM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>Trevor Daniels wrote Monday, May 04, 2015 10:01 PM
>>
>>> OK, I've created a project on SourceForge and started
>>> downloading the issues DB from GoogleCode.
>>[snip]
>>> You can see the progress here:
>>> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/tickets/
>>
>>Update: (one ladder, two snakes)
>
> Chutes and ladders in the U.S., rather than snakes and laddersÅ

OK, one more ladder to report, and one chute, see below

>>1. I now see that some attachments, viz .png's and jpg's at least, are
>>imported and displayed :-)  It seems they are imported asynchronously, as
>>those for Issue 1313 are now present.
>>
>>2. I've just received an email saying the import has failed.  No reason
>>given. :-(  I'll check with the SF Engineering Team, as they are called.
>>
>>3. James has just reported a 403 error on the url.  AFAICS any user, even
>>those not logged in, should have read access, so I'm mystified ATM.  I'll
>>keep looking.
>
> I can see the images.  I'm not logged in.

Good.  I discovered how to set permissions shortly after James' email,
making the issues readable by all.

It seems the import got rather further than I thought.  1112 issues have
been imported, around a quarter of the total.  The buttons which search
based on various categories seem to require some time before they work
after being created.  All the search buttons I created last night are now
working correctly, one (All Tickets) created just now, is not working yet,
but the Stats give the correct figures.  The search box at the top works
immediately, however, even with complicated searches.

Also the label fields seem to be populated correctly, and are included in
searches.

No news yet on the import failure.

If anyone is interested in exploring further let me know and I'll give
you appropriate permissions.

Trevor