Re: Make \shiftOff an assertive \override, not a \revert (issue 19050004

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Make \shiftOff an assertive \override, not a \revert (issue 190500043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 04:19:55 +0000

On 2015/05/10 22:50:36, dak wrote:

The \revert version generated "too many clashing notecolumns"
warnings, which
is now "need a \shiftXxx", and I thought it a bit safer to keep a
warning.

What's safer here?  For old code where people did not bother heeding
the warning
anyway (possibly because the output was ok for them)

Well, I think the newer warning is much more helpful,
and the updater of the code is more experienced than he was when he
first wrote the code.

There is also the (remote) possibility that someone wrote a function
depending on \shiftOff being a \revert -- maybe using \shiftOff as part
of restoring the former state, or something.

I can't find an example where convert-ly's replacing \shiftOff, with
code to keep the old behavior, is actually helpful.  So, I'll just
reverse the unwanted changes in the docs.

https://codereview.appspot.com/190500043/