Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 09:01:16 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, May 17, 2015 8:49 AM

> Should I ask at Savannah how they view the prospect of running Allura?
> Are there obvious selling points over Savane?  Like that there is an API
> for manipulating issues?

No harm in asking.  Presumably they would need to undertake its ongoing
maintenance - we don't want to be stuck as the only users of an unmaintained
tracker.

The main attractions of Allura from our PoV is its support of images, together
with facilities that fairly closely match those of GoogleCode, together with a
ready-made importer.  I'm not familiar with Savane so I can't make a detailed
comparison, but I believe it does not support images and does not have a
GoogleCode importer.  Does it also not have an API?

Trevor