Re: Google Code shutting down

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 08:04:22 +0100

On 12/05/15 21:15, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> James wrote Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:46 PM
>>
>>> Trevor
>> Do we even need a new git-cl?
>>
>> I am no expert but wasn't that designed to get around the fact that we
>> had to upload to two different places (one place for actual review and
>> one for a note on the tracker). Does this new place come with it's own
>> workflow and so it would be a case of 'use their tools' and update the
>> CG with the instructions - at least as an interim solution.
>
> Well, I'm totally unfamiliar with Allura's Review mechanism so I can't
> comment on that, but I think I'd favour making the minimal changes needed at
> this time, vis just moving the tracker.  Since, as you say, git-cl was
> designed to work with a tracker and review that are independent it should be
> fine with just moving the tracker.
>
>> Patchy is a different kettle of fish. Although I wouldn't want that to
>> delay getting the conversion/move done, as while it may be a fiddle for
>> others to manually test things, I don't mind doing that - but as I have
>> said it would mean that most patch testing would take a few more extra
>> steps for me so it would make testing during a normal work day more
>> difficult.
>
> That's good news!  So it looks like we have the makings of a complete
> solution, even if we can't figure out how Patchy works.  I'm sure we'll find
> some undesirable features of Allura when we get down to the details, but
> that's what the next few weeks will tell us.
>
> Trevor

Oh if someone could look at the script that Mark Hohl (I think) created
a while back called 'make-countdown-announcement.sh'
(..scripts/auxilliar/..) - that is the script that really saves me a lot
of time with formatting the patch countdown emails.

It basically downloads a csv file of everything from the tracker that is
labelled push/review/countdown or waiting and then outputs it to the
terminal it's run in.

I can then cut/paste it into an email.

It's not a show stopper but it is really handy.

James