Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hi

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: add stencil-whiteout-outline function (issue 236480043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 21:54:55 +0000

On 2015/05/25 20:43:30, Carl wrote:

In my opinion, whiteout needs to create a layer of white paint.
That's what
whiteout means.

Well, "whiteout" is the name chosen by a couple modern Dutch
programmers, but we don't really want whiteout.
We want that thing that happens when you fill the neighboring groves on
the engraving plate so they don't take up ink, letting the natural color
of the paper show through on the prints.

If there was a mechanism to set the alpha-channel to zero rather than
set the color to white, that might be nice, but I do not think that
facility is available in the back-ends converting stencils to .svg or
.pdf.

https://codereview.appspot.com/236480043/