Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 17:12:30 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:53 PM

> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> OK, I'll wait for someone to make these enquiries.  The last time I
>> interacted with people at Savannah they lost interest as soon as there
>> was no response to their request for someone from LilyPond to help
>> with the development required to support images.  So I would guess
>> they would expect similarly someone from LilyPond to install and
>> maintain Allura in the event they were willing to provide the
>> computing resources.
>
> [...]
>
>> The other alternative is to operate Allura on a server of our own.
>> Clearly that would have implications for ongoing support which might
>> rule it out.  Is this something worth exploring?
>
> Maybe I'm dull but I don't see the principal difference between having
> to self-maintain an Allura installation on Savannah or elsewhere.

What I meant by "alternative" was what we might consider if Savannah were not
prepared to provide computing resources for Allura.  We'd then need to find
someone willing to provide or pay for server resources as well as someone
willing to do the maintenance.

> At any rate, I can go ask on Savannah if people think that could be a
> viable hosting option.

OK, that seems a sensible next step.

Trevor