Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:02:08 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>> do we want to take on the commitment to maintain Allura ourselves or
>> use the maintained version at SourceForge.  Which would we prefer?
>
> Lilypond is a GNU project, thus I strongly favour Savannah as the
> primary site for everything.
>
>> (FWIW my preference would be to run Allura at Savannah as our
>> primary DB, with a backup being maintained at SF, which I would be
>> happy to do on a monthly basis.)
>
> This sounds like a sensible approach.

Given the reports that SourceForge distributes Adware (and there even
have been virus-ridden versions of it) on its Windows installers, I'm
somewhat wary here.  It would be sort of strange to use project
facilities there without offering downloads, and I suspect if we do
that, SourceForge might decide to put "enhanced" downloads there by
themselves.  A bit of a pity: they've been a rather important resource
and rallying point for free software at one point of time.