Parentheses in ChordNames have the same size as the Chord symbols. (issu

From: dak
Subject: Parentheses in ChordNames have the same size as the Chord symbols. (issue 245430043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 08:43:53 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/245430043/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly
File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/245430043/diff/1/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode517
ly/engraver-init.ly:517: \override ParenthesesItem.font-size = #1.5
Well, it's awkward to have parentheses sized independently from their
content.  The default size is probably intended to fit between staff
lines.  In that case, it might make sense to increase the size for
TabStaff with its larger staffline spacing as well?

In a ChordNames context, I could not think of stuff that is easily
parenthesized other than the chord names themselves.  While it is
perfectly conceivable to write something like C(7), I don't see any way
where one would have a reasonable chance to use a working parenthesize
property on anything but the main chord name.  So increasing the size
here seems without tangible drawbacks.

No idea about the nicest size for FiguredBass though.

Executive summary: this change is likely a good idea, some others might
independently be nice.

https://codereview.appspot.com/245430043/