Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 21:03:34 +0200

Am 10.07.2015 um 20:49 schrieb Paul Morris:
On Jul 9, 2015, at 5:39 AM, James <address@hidden> wrote:

Perhaps we can tweak the 'website' slightly (i.e. make small changes to
the TexInfo code) to perhaps do something like moving some/all of the
text from here

http://lilypond.org/introduction.html

to the front page/news and jig the menu (?) links around to fit?

My thinking is that it would be good to move some or all of the examples
page[1] to the main column of the home page where the news is now.  That
clearly shows what LilyPond can do, front and center.

+1

Marc

To me the full news listing seems less important to feature so prominently on the home
page, so one idea would be for the news list to become a list of headlines in the home
page side bar (possibly made wider) with each headline linking to that news entry on a
separate news page.  That separate news page could just be a slightly revised version of
the current "old news" page[2] (i.e. just call it “News”).

-Paul

[1] http://lilypond.org/examples.html
[2] http://lilypond.org/old-news.html