Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 09:27:37 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> texi2html is deprecated since 2011. It's still present in most
> distributions but I guess that it won't be there forever. For example,
> in Debian:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Texi2htmlTransition
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg01516.html
>
> There will be a pressing need to move to texi2any quite soon,
> otherwise LilyPond may be removed from the distro repository.

LilyPond will be removed anyway because nobody can be bothered making it
work with GUILEv2.

At any rate, it is not an option to take all of the LilyPond manuals
offline, and it is not an option to move everything from Texinfo to
something else.  So we'll need to solve the texi2any problem anyway, and
adding completely different problems on top of that is not going to
reduce the workload.

The only stuff you can hope to avoid is style sheets and stuff
_exclusively_ used by the lilypond-web part of the documentation.  I
don't think that's all that much you can hope to save working on.