Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Remove old "News" entry from home page
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:48:12 +0200

Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 14:31, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

 Il giorno dom 19 lug 2015 alle 14:02, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
 scritto:
 I was talking about "use CSS3 features as long as the behavior when
 those are not supported still makes sense".

 it wouldn't make sense
 I guess that you would see just the first image of the slider, there
 would be no transition to the next image

So with "slider" you don't mean some user control but rather an
automated change of images?  Wouldn't an animated GIF or MNG file
provide that?

Yes, images that slide one after another, as in the example I linked before.

I read that MNG is not supported by IE, Opera and Safari.
Perhaps animated GIF could be a way to achieve something similar. Find attached an example, generated with:

convert -delay 400 -page 800x360 -loop 0 *.png slider.gif

on some examples I had previously resized to maximum 800 px width.

We found the Nineties solution :-)

James, if you do the texinfo stuff I can create the GIF file of all the examples required.