Re: Remove redundant occurences of this-> (issue 258870043 by address@hi

From: dak
Subject: Re: Remove redundant occurences of this-> (issue 258870043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 19:37:21 +0000

On 2015/07/21 18:20:13, Dan Eble wrote:
this->f() is sometimes necessary in templates (I recall), but in those
cases the
compiler warns about ambiguity when it is omitted.

I prefer not to see this-> where it is unnecessary, however Keith does
have a
good point about extra clarity in comments.

Shrug.  This patch changes 24 lines.  It does not make any sense to
dabble in general statements.  If there is a particular comment where
anyone would not want to see the change, it is easy enough to point it
out and it can be changed if others agree.  If there isn't, what are we
even talking about?

We have likely already spent more lines of text on the discussion than
are affected by the patch.  I've had 9000-line automated changes go
through with less of a discussion than this.  And for things like
9000-line automated changes, it is quite usual to do preparatory/cleanup
work in order to pass muster.  So if this patch needs a 1-line change to
be ok, no problem with doing that.

Or is there?

https://codereview.appspot.com/258870043/