Re: articulate.ly: update documentation, add support for portato (issue

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: articulate.ly: update documentation, add support for portato (issue 260040043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:35:35 +0000

On 2015/08/08 16:27:24, ht wrote:
Hi,

This is a small enhancement which I've had lying around for a while...
Since the
"portato" articulation is nowadays supported when generating MIDI
without using
articulate.ly, there's really no reason why this articulation couldn't
be
supported by articulate.ly as well.

I'm not sure I understand you properly; is the entire motivation for
this change?  It sounds like "Because there can be two ways to do
things, there should be."

My response is to question whether it is worth maintaining two ways.
Does articulate.ly somehow disable the built-in articulations? If so,
shouldn't the goal be to make them work together rather than to enlarge
them separately?

Regards,
Dan

https://codereview.appspot.com/260040043/