Re: Change the LilyPond default fonts to TeX Gyre (issue 258250043 by a

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Change the LilyPond default fonts to TeX Gyre (issue 258250043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:04:20 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/258250043/diff/20001/configure.ac
File configure.ac (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/258250043/diff/20001/configure.ac#newcode98
configure.ac:98: STEPMAKE_ADD_ENTRY(REQUIRED,'(make sure the fc-list
utility can see them, e.g. \`sudo apt-get install fonts-texgyre\', or
use --with-texgyre-dir)')
Sorry to go back on what I said earlier but it seems that the package is
called just 'tex-gyre'. See https://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex-gyr. It seems
on my Ubuntu flavoured distribution there are two package names in
Synaptic, I don't know what other Linux distributions call it but if we
call it the 'real' name at least that is less confusing; what I would do
is 'copy' what we say for the 'texlive-lang-cyrillic' font (see lines
251 - 258 in this file) and say it in the same way, so it is consistent.

Do we need to talk about the fc-utility at all? Only because we don't
mention it during ./configure usually unless it isn't installed (I
think). If you think we do, then can we say "..then run the fc-list
command and make sure that Gyre fonts are listed." but say this after we
ask them to install tex-gyre in the warning.

Finally, when you say 'or use --with-texgyre-dir' do you mean the
configure command (again it might be obvious to some but not others).
Maybe others think differently?

https://codereview.appspot.com/258250043/