Re: lilypond.org - file storage

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lilypond.org - file storage
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:25:49 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Charles Malahieude" <address@hidden> To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 4:57 PM

Le 30/08/2015 17:45, Graham Percival a écrit :
On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 01:15:48PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
We also have source files back to 0.0 and 1.0.  I assume we could
never recreate these from Git, but are we ever going to need to?  It
certainly seems pointless keeping lots of source tarballs, given
that all the more recent history is in Git.

I think it would be nice to keep the ancient history around; "software
archeology" research sometimes look at open-source projects.  That said,
they don't necessarily need to be on that particular web server.
Something like Amazon Glacier could work well for that, or maybe google
drive... there are other storage platforms available.
(and no, I'm not in a position to offer to take care of this)

I fully support deleting all test-output for non-current development
versions.  (though again, in an ideal world they would be stored on some
other server or service)

BTW, is there any difference between download/source and download/sources ?

Cheers,
Jean-Charles

One is a symlink to the other.

--